At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design service in the country and diversified our portfolio of brands to include The Inside and Interior Define, expanding into the custom furniture space.
We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all. Although we're headquartered in Denver, we offer both online and in-person services, operating design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
We're searching for an Associate Manager, Email Marketing to join our Growth team at Havenly. This role will manage the execution of the lifecycle marketing strategy across email, SMS and push across our portfolio of brands. Our ideal candidate will bring an analytical, creative, and cross-functional skillset to the role. This is a unique, high-impact opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast-growing and well-known consumer startup.
If you're a lifecycle marketer who dreams of engaging customer journeys and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and working on a high-achieving team - this is the perfect role for you!
What you'll do:
- Help manage batch-and-blast campaign calendar across email, SMS and push, managing content brainstorming and planning, briefing, deployment and analysis of campaigns
- Support in development and execution of automated customer journeys
- Project manage cross-functional promotional calendar, managing sale periods from planning to go-live and post-promotion analysis
- Manage weekly KPI reporting, uncovering insights from data and and presenting to senior leadership
- Rigorously test and analyze campaign and journey performance to ensure each message drives results without increasing customer churn
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, merchandising, creative and product teams to ensure brand-aligned messaging, improve time to conversion, and capitalize on new leads across all funnel stages
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years' experience in a marketing, strategy or consulting role at a B2C or ecommerce brand, with an understanding of CRM strategies, tactics, and tools
- Strength in both the science and art of marketing: knowing when to lean on numbers and experimentation, and when to be creative and find a new direction
- Familiarity with Iterable, Klaviyo, and Wunderkind, or similar ESP's and platforms
- Data-drivenness with experience in Excel / Google Sheets, Looker, and/or Google Analytics, and a penchant for analyzing data and uncovering insights
- Ability to deliver clear, concise, and reliable reporting on all lifecycle marketing metrics to key stakeholders and senior management
- Growth mindset with bold ideas and know-how to get things done
- You believe the impossible is possible and will work hard, test, and always do what it takes to make things happen
- You are curious, love learning and interested in learning new tools and programs
- You have a flexible attitude and doer mentality; the ability to be solution-oriented and execute while also dreaming of what's next.
- You are a proactive self-starter, who is passionate about and committed to continued learning in this ever-evolving field.
- You are a collaborator with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-based environment
- You have confidence in analyzing and acting on marketing data
- You have extraordinary organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once without letting any key initiatives drop through the cracks
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO. Remote candidates considered.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $60-70K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly's policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant's ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.