Title: Associate, Lifecycle & Retention Marketing
Reports to: Senior Manager, Retention Marketing
Location: New York, New York
Madewell is looking for a highly motivated Lifecycle & Retention Marketing Associate who will be responsible for developing tactics and executing campaigns to convert and retain customers to drive revenue and grow the Madewell brand. This person will partner closely with the Senior Manager of Retention Marketing to build out the Madewell customer lifecycle journey, while analyzing and providing recommendations for how to improve/optimize the experience. Expertise in digital/lifecycle marketing at an eCommerce or retail company, with a demonstrated passion for the Madewell brand is preferred.
- Owns the planning and execution of automated customer campaigns (email triggers, SMS, app push notifications) and ensures that all are providing an optimal ROI and delivering towards business objectives.
- Manages a clear inventory of all automated campaigns including creative assets, campaign logic and segmentation/personalization strategies employed in each campaign.
- Defines, tracks, measures, analyzes and reports out on lifecycle/trigger communications and presents learnings and insights across the business.
- Optimizes lifecycle/trigger campaign performance through robust test and learn strategies including content, audience segmentation and creative.
- Works closely with marketing operations teams to QA automated customer campaigns to ensure that the right message is getting to the right customer at the right time.
- Identifies new opportunities to increase campaign performance and program as a whole.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager of Retention Marketing to ensure all lifecycle campaigns and trigger communications ladder up to and meet overall brand retention and engagement goals/expectations.
- Maintains and ensures high levels of data hygiene and integrity with fast-growing, high-volume lists.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders both internal (creative, analytics, marketing, planning, etc) and external (platform partners)
- Serves as a subject matter expert on lifecycle marketing and internally shares information on trends and competitor examples in the lifecycle marketing landscape.
- 2 –3 years of digital marketing experience, lifecycle/retention experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Marketing preferred
- Strong experience in email marketing (inclusive of trigger email strategy)
- Experience with a major ESP (Salesforce or Bluecore is ideal)
- Experience in SMS a plus
- Experience with direct mail a plus
- Strong analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Analytics
- Experience with a major Customer Data Platform (Ex. Experian, Acquia)
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
- High level of organization coupled with attention to detail
- Interest in learning about marketing financials
- Self-starter who exhibits curiosity
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Aptitude to think strategically but act tactically
- Confidence in project management and presentation skills
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.