Founded in 1971, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is an omnichannel retailer which operates Bed Bath & Beyond, buybuy BABY, Harmon Face Values, and Decorist. Through our 1000+ retail stores and online, we sell a wide assortment of domestic merchandise and home furnishings. Our objective is to be the customer’s first choice for products and services in the categories offered. The Company’s strategy is to achieve this objective through excellent customer service, an extensive breadth and depth of assortment, everyday low prices and introduction of new merchandise offerings, supported by the continuous development and improvement of its infrastructure.
This is a fully remote opportunity.
The Email Marketing Associate is a key contributor to the Digital Marketing team, responsible for the successful execution of email marketing campaigns across the BBBY family of brands. Reporting to the Email Manager, this position executes a detailed production schedule with an emphasis from email audience targeting to in-box delivery.
- Flawless execution of campaigns. Oversee the review and approval of email campaigns, confirm accuracy of counts, proper segmentation, final QA and provide approval for deployment. Monitor campaigns post deployment to ensure all aspects of the campaign successfully launched. Proactively identify potential issues and trouble shoot problems as they arise.
- Support the testing and development of new email capabilities including segmentation, personalization, recommendations, and creative improvements.
- Develop strong relationships and cross-functional influence with internal and external teams to drive collaboration on marketing programs across businesses. Effectively and proactively communicate with partners. Ensure clear understanding of marketing goals and campaign objectives.
- Proactively manage projects, schedules and priorities to ensure issues are resolved and decisions made to meet timelines and budget expectations. Manage outside resources to ensure optimal performance and results. Provide feedback to improve vendor performance.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of external competitor activity and market trends to recommend process and overall program enhancements.
- Foster a positive, proactive environment based on mutual respect, a high level of execution and excellent communication with team members and external resources. Contribute to the overall success of the department by always looking out for your fellow associates and partners.
- Develop a strong understanding of email performance, analytics and trends to provide innovative recommendations that drive sales and consumer engagement.
- Understand email system configuration, vendor contributions, and complete data flow. Proactively identify and correct issues in data. Develop recommendations based on system capabilities and provide recommendations to improve vendor/platform performance.
- Understand and implement/maintain data and email best practices.
- Manage and execute additional marketing programs as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Will Bring The Following Proficiencies And Capabilities
Bed Bath and Beyond Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, resourceful, and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for digital retail marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing focus, M.B.A. preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years email marketing experience within a retail or other fast-paced setting.
- Must have email production experience in a high-volume environment, and working with an enterprise-level Email Service Provider.
- Strong understanding of email and mobile best practices, including tools, technology, and KPIs. Comfortable with new technologies and concepts.
- Understanding of email database structure and technical processes (data flow, data repository, offer creation process).
- Experience working with campaign management/CRM data, to execute targeted audience list segmentation and highly personalized messaging.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade others with diplomacy and tact; work with numerous partners of differing levels, flexing interaction style as required.
- Effective at managing up, to ensure alignment at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond with agility to changing market conditions and expedite processes when required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong retail business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.