At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are looking for a dynamic Associate Manager to join our Email Marketing team and support marketing campaigns across all of our brands. This is a 9-month contract role.
This role will assist in driving revenue through supporting the execution and measurement of batch email campaigns. This includes developing campaign strategy, creative briefs, overseeing the creative development process, building campaigns in ESPs and working with our Tech Ops team to set-up the campaign for accurate deployment.
- Lead campaign execution from kickoff to deployment, including managing project timelines, overseeing creative development and web production, creating links, and performing QA on the final proofs.
- Write cohesive, organized and logical creative briefs for campaigns. Ensure creative briefs, creative executions and test strategies align with campaign strategies and objectives.
- Work effectively with a variety of work partners to ensure projects are executed successfully.
- Set up a variety of tests, ensuring they meet expectations and will deliver clean test results.
- Drive flawless execution of batch email plans. Ensure campaigns (including segmentation) are set up and deployed accurately.
- Work with an in-house design team to develop impactful marketing assets.
- Build campaigns in Bluecore and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ensuring accurate content and linking configuration.
- Collaborate with work partners in multiple time zones to build and deploy email campaigns.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings with cross-functional work partners and be able to speak to email campaign strategy.
- Ability to access post-campaign metrics and understand drivers of performance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of Email Marketing experience.
- Solid grasp of creative brief and creative execution best practices for Email marketing
- Experience in customer segmentation strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines, with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage expectations and proactively find solutions to unexpected issues.
- Ability to connect with people in a virtual environment and different time zones.
- Strong analytical skills and data interpretation capabilities.
- Excels in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills – particularly when collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience building campaigns in an ESP e.g. Bluecore, Salesforce, Responsys, etc. a plus.
- Experience with project management tools such as Clarizen, Aprimo, Base Camp, etc. preferred.