The ideal email marketing manager is motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service everyday.
A day in the life...
- Manage high-impact promotional email series that showcases our fashion authority and commitment to service while driving repeat engagement
- Creates and advocates for email marketing strategies in support of Nordstrom company and marketing goals
- Use data and insights to develop a deep understanding of the email channel and translate those insights into innovative email touches
- Develop testing programs to analyze promotional email effectiveness across multiple dimensions (e.g. audience segment, messaging, etc.) and continually test, analyze and optimize tactics to maximize ROI
- Establish program KPIs for performance tracking. Report on these and key success metrics weekly
- Work with key stakeholders to develop strategies to optimize touchpoints and improve efficiency and achieve team goals
- Be able to move quickly to adapt our business operations to keep pace with industry changes
- Self-starter, with the ability to take initiative to understand and solve problems
- Maintain strong knowledge of email, our target customer, retail, marketing and competitive trends
- Support development of new email programs and processes
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years relevant work experience developing email programs for a large brand or business
- Hands-on experience managing email campaigns and delivery through Salesforce, either in client or agency role
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure email programs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise level reporting tools
- Proficiency in MS Office suite-including experience working directly with Access
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices and standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong understanding of direct-to-consumer business, competitive/business environment and consumer behavior
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.