Hiscox is looking for an email marketer to help us build and optimize data-driven email marketing campaigns for our audiences, which includes small business owners in a wide range of industries.
This role will guide email campaign creation from start to finish. You’ll consult with stakeholders to assess the goals, target audience and success metrics of a campaign; program touch points in Eloqua, our marketing automation platform,; collaborate with copywriters and designers to produce high-quality emails; and, after launch, analyze results to help us determine campaign efficacy as well as potential optimizations and tests.
This role will sit on the Marketing Automation Team, reporting to the Manager of Digital Demand Generation.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- An email marketer with proven, hands-on experience in building and managing lifecycle email campaigns
- A champion for our consumers who can drive clear and effective communication of our value propositions
- An analytical marketer who enjoys data and can use it to help us ideate, spot trends, and draw clear narratives from complex data sets
- A team player who can work collaboratively in a matrix organization
What You’ll Do
- Build segments, emails, forms and canvases in Eloqua to support the creation of email marketing campaigns that support acquisition (prospects) and retention (customers)
- Recommend specs for emails – including their cadence, target audience and messaging – to maximize open rate, click-to-open rate and more
- Work with data – planning tests, spotting trends, reporting on campaign performance to stakeholders, and recommending future tests and optimizations
- Help strategize campaigns based on internal benchmarks, best practice, industry reports, etc.
Ensure all of our emails meet quality and compliance standards with diligent QA
- 1-3 years’ experience with a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) or Email Service Provider (ESP), e.g., Eloqua, HubSpot, etc. – We use Eloqua but are happy to train you if you’re experienced in another platform
- Experience with helping to strategize campaigns based on email marketing best practice, research, etc.
- Ability to ideate tests, pull results, spot trends and recommend next steps to help us keep improving
- Strong time management skills
- HTML/CSS experience preferred but not necessary
- Data-Driven Strategy
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
- Courage: Dare to take a risk
- Human: Clear, fair & inclusive
- Ownership: Passionate, commercial & accountable
- Integrity: Do the right thing, however hard
- Connect: Together, build something better
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places. Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.