Sakara Life is a mission driven, fast-growing premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products, and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara. We got started in 2013 and now have a team of :190 across New York and Los Angeles.
About this role: We’re looking for an Associate, Email Marketing to help shape the next stage of our client communications and lifecycle marketing. Reporting to our Email Marketing Manager, you’ll execute on our email and SMS marketing strategy, setting up and delivering timely and relevant messages to our core audience. This role is critical to customer engagement -- driving both customer acquisition and repeat purchase through the email and SMS channels.
Now is an ideal time to be joining this team as we further step up our robust lifecycle marketing initiatives, including more detailed client segmentation and expanding into SMS. You’ll get to actively shape the future of the program and be involved in strategy sessions with the broader marketing team. You’ll be expected to share creative ideas to test. You’ll work with our performance data and quickly become the expert on what’s working and what’s not.
You’ll love this role if: You’re hardworking, crave learning, think creatively, and are passionate about health and wellness. You geek out on performance data, always want to run A/B tests, and have strong hypotheses that you can’t wait to test and learn. You get nervous submitting any work that hasn’t been triple checked for errors. You are driven to become an expert in marketing and are looking to be given a lot of responsibility and learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in day-to-day management and optimization of our email and SMS communication channels, using various web interfaces and tools
- Tactically set up and execute email marketing campaigns, automated trigger emails, and text-based marketing (creating the email/text, managing distribution lists, testing, deploying)
- Work very closely with our creative team to develop the creative assets (copy, design) you need; provide talking points or high-level narrative for the team to work
- Concept and run A/B tests on subject lines, content, timing, etc. to improve performance over time
- Manage segmented client lists to ensure communications are going to the most relevant audience, adding personalized strategies where appropriate
- Track channel performance on a weekly, monthly, and campaign-level basis; report out regularly on performance trends
- Help develop a vision to extend and/or improve our email and SMS marketing strategy
- Stay connected with other teams (client service, operations, etc.) to coordinate efforts as needed
- Participate in marketing team meetings and have a close pulse on acquisition and retention challenges
- Help grow our newsletter list size through initiatives, such as sweepstakes/giveaways and optimizing email capture tactics
- 2+ years of experience in high performance environment and an analytical role, such as digital marketing, retention marketing, CRM, management consulting, finance, or business intelligence
- Experience with email, SMS, and/or app marketing preferred
- Highly data-driven with continuous desire to improve performance
- Excitement to constantly test ideas, analyze results, and iterate
- Highly proficient with Excel. HTML, Photoshop, and Illustrator skills preferred
- Self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hard with a “no job too small” mindset
- Passion for health and wellness, in particular Sakara's mission of changing people's lives through the power of plants as medicine
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.