Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Email Marketing Associate will be an important member of the North American Digital Marketing team by managing Ralph Lauren’s email marketing programs, driving customer engagement and revenue contribution for the channel. The Email Marketing Associate will execute email production by liaising with cross-functional teams to brief email concepts, partner on creative production, submit timely deliverables to our email service provider, assist the Email Marketing Director on our testing program, and report out results to key stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who want to strengthen their creative and analytical skillset through hands-on email and customer marketing programs and initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage the overall email calendar, utilizing a holistic planning approach to determine optimal programming for business needs
* Work with cross-functional teams to brief email concepts, partner on creative production and deliver a complete creative/technical package to Email Producers for a flawless execution and punctual deployment
* Manage email deployment process from end-to-end: inclusive of scheduling, audience segmentation, approval process, vendor coordination, QA and post-deployment reporting & takeaways
* Support the North American email channel goals and customer goals to ensure we are tracking to projections, with proactive contingency planning to protect channel performance
* Execute and evaluate ad hoc, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly email reporting, with thoughtful analysis and recommendations
* Act as SME for the email channel to collaborate effectively on cross-channel initiatives. Disseminate latest email learnings and help partners understand how decision tradeoffs impact engagement and revenue
* Work closely with the broader North American Digital Marketing team to analyze findings, identify trends, share learnings, and recommend new strategies
* Partner with Email Marketing Director on a testing roadmap; conduct A/B tests to improve email KPIs
* Project coordination for new email triggers, transactional emails, and special projects
* Stay current on email best practices and industry standards; make recommendations continuously to improve our email templates, personalization and advanced features to deliver on KPIs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Email marketing experience in a retail setting or related industry, with a strong track record of performance marketing and customer marketing. E-commerce experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with campaign management tools and/or an ESP a must. Customer segmentation experience (in a CRM platform) a strong plus.
- Strong attention to detail with proven time-management and organizational skills; ability to effectively project manage several deliverables at high quality expectations.
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; self-motivated problem solver with a willingness to be hands-on.
- Solid teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and interface with all levels of management.
- Demonstrates strong analytical capability and financial acumen. Uses logical thought process to solve problems and has the ability to clearly and concisely communicate insight and go forward plan.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills a must; ability to communicate detailed analyses into high level summaries for easy distribution, understanding and action.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills (subject to testing); proficient in all other MS Office applications.