Simply put, we make great jeans and all the cool stuff you wear with them. And, beyond our devotion to premium denim, we believe in putting people and planet first in everything we do from our commitment to sustainable production to our focus on broadening opportunity and building belonging.
Whether you’re taking the first step in your career or are looking for an exciting new opportunity, we have a wide array of challenging and creative roles for you. We foster a collaborative, community-driven and innovative environment in our stores, home office, and distribution and call centers. Want in?
We’re proud to have been recognized as an industry leader in:
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity (Newsweek, 2023)
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women (Newsweek, 2023)
- Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Employers for New Grads (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality (The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2022)
Title:Associate, Email Marketing
Reports to: Director, Retention Marketing
Location:New York, New York
Madewell is looking for a highly motivated Email Marketing Associate. This associate will be responsible for day-to-day execution of all email marketing campaigns and will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that all email marketing activities and promotions are briefed, reviewed, executed and reported on to help drive the growth of the business. This role supports the Retention Marketing team and reports to the Director of Retention Marketing. Expertise in email/digital marketing at an eCommerce or retail company, with a demonstrated passion for the Madewell brand is preferred.
- Supports email campaign execution in partnership with the marketing operations team, example day-to-day includes reviewing final email creative and linking, QA email proofs and audiences / campaign set up for deployment
- Assist with email briefing process and partner with Creative team and Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of all email creative
- Create, update and import audiences into Salesforce Marketing Cloud for email segmentation
- Execute testing initiatives and report on results to identify opportunities for performance optimization
- Partner with Brand Marketing and Site Merchandising on email linking strategy to ensure cohesive brand messaging and product alignment
- Maintain email marketing calendar and update as needed
- Maintain best practices for email creative based on historical performance and internal benchmarks
- Maintain email reporting dashboards and pull email campaign results as needed
- 2+ years of experience in an email marketing role/digital marketing role, preferably in ecommerce, retail or at an agency
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in Excel (basic functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc), Powerpoint and One Drive
- Experience with email automation tools, Salesforce Marketing Cloud knowledge a plus but not required
- Comfortable using analytics tools, Google Analytics experience is a plus
- Ability to document and communicate results of email initiatives throughout the organization
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and skilled in time management
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
- Proven ability to proactively and autonomously manage projects
- Effective at multi-tasking and problem solving in a deadline-driven environment
We welcome you to apply, even if you don't check all the boxes. Our passion is scouting life-long learners who are driven by curiosity, and who feel connected to our brands and share our desire to make an impact. We’re always seeking bright new talent who leverage their unique experiences to discover, grow and evolve with our teams.
Benefits + Perks
- Health & Well-being - Eligible associates and family members receive medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, family planning (fertility, adoption & surrogacy support), fitness discounts, medical travel and more.
- Associate Discount - We love our products just as much as you do! That’s why we offer a great associate discount across all of our brands (J.Crew, J.Crew Factory, and Madewell).
- Flex Fridays - In addition to our hybrid work model, we also close our office at 1:00 PM every Friday year-round.
- Community Impact - We support the communities where we live and work through our philanthropic efforts and the J.Crew Cares Program.
- Winter Break - In addition to our PTO package, J.Crew Group offers a winter break at the end of December to eligible full-time associates at the Home Office to provide time to refresh and recharge.
Note: Availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
Salary Range: $64,200.00 - $77,000.00
At J.Crew Group (JCG) we aim to pay competitively for our company’s size and industry. The base salary offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region of work premises, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. The base salary is just one component of J.Crew Group’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes the opportunity for bonus, competitive benefits and perks.
One of our core focuses here at JCG is creating a community and culture that builds belonging. We are deeply committed to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, and we warmly welcome job applicants of all backgrounds.
JCG is proud to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected under applicable law.