Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Recently, we launched Cubby (CubbyAtHome.com) as the third property in our network, focusing on parenting and life with kids at home. Together, the three sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and we have more than 140 people working from across the U.S. (and internationally!), in addition to our sunny NYC office & studio.
The Audience Growth team is seeking a proactive, creative, and analytical candidate to join their team at Apartment Therapy Media. The Email Editor will report to the Manager of Email & Acquisition as a member of the Audience Growth team and will work closely with the Special Projects Director to execute Apartment Therapy Media’s email strategy and voice. This position is open to all remote candidates.
- Strategize and build Apartment Therapy and The Kitchn’s Daily and Weekly Newsletter sends
- Write content for Apartment Therapy, The Kitchn, and Cubby based on newsletter readers' interests
- Work with the Special Projects Director and editorial teams to write content for special email programs
- Ideate and brainstorm new newsletter initiatives
- Respond to requests that come in to our newsletter mailbox
- Help execute and organize Audience Growth reports in collaboration with the Manager of Email & Acquisition
- Consistently work with the email manager to help increase KPIs
- Analytically-driven to use data to create meaningful insights
- Detail-oriented in writing, communication, and organization
- A strong, distinctive voice, with an ability to engage Apartment Therapy Media’s email audience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and adjust strategy in the face of new information
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an editorial role
Nice to Have
- Experience with Google Analytics or Parse.ly
- Experience in Email Service providers
- Examples of published work
- Experience with home/lifestyle or food media
- Knowledge and experience in digital media or social media marketing
Salary Range: $62,000 - 68,000
The above represents the expected salary range for this role. Ultimately, compensation is determined by level of experience, location, and other job-related factors.
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.