About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About The Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an Associate Email Developer to execute best-in-class marketing campaigns. You are a multitasking problem solver who is passionate about Rocket Lawyer’s mission to make the law affordable and simple. You will roll-up your sleeves and help code new assets to support omni-channel marketing campaigns. This role is primarily focused on email development to start but with the opportunity to support other channels including push, web notifications, and SMS. This role sits on the marketing team and reports into our lead Email Developer.
- Work within lifecycle marketing team to execute email, push, and SMS campaigns
- Utilize both HTML/CSS expertise to produce, proof, test, and troubleshooting HTML email campaigns
- Collaborate cross functionally with marketing and creative teams to gather required assets for marketing campaigns
- Code new HTML/CSS responsive email template exporting design assets from Figma to HTML
- Optimize existing email campaigns to be more personalized by using conditional logic to support dynamic content.
- Update existing templates with new brand assets as needed
- Test new templates using Litmus to ensure high quality output for rendering across all devices and platforms, troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Import HTML files and update content libraries within the marketing automation platform
- Knowledge of coding HTML, CSS, and responsive email templates
- Ability to code email templates from scratch.
- Understanding of email design and different email client rendering issues
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients
- Experience with dynamic scripting languages and conditional formatting
- Knowledge of web standards, CSS based design and cross-browser compatibility
- Dedication to completing projects on time
- Superior attention to detail
- Team-player mindset and the ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Iterable, SendGrid or other marketing automation platforms
- Handlebar logic experience
- Familiarity with Litmus