Transform the communications world!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
- What’s my job title? Associate Email Developer
- What type of contract will I be on? Indefinite
- Where in the world? You can work remotely within London and surrounding areas. You can also chose to work from our offices located in Old Street whenever you feel like it!
- Working hours? You will operate within the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- What language(s) are required? Fluency in English
Our Associate Email Developer is the trusted expert that builds and maintains our customers’ Email Design Systems. The Email Design System (EDS) is the heart of Taxi, every email campaign is created from it, therefore the Email Design System is fundamental to an email team’s success. You will have a collaborative working relationship with our customers, meaning their code will be produced with a continuous improvement model in mind - building and growing their EDS as their business evolves.
As an Associate Email Developer, you will sit within the Technical Services team working alongside other email developers and subject matter experts in email content creation and design. You will have a deep understanding of Email Design Systems, Taxi Syntax, HTML/CSS and extensive knowledge of what’s happening in the email industry. Our customers don't always have the skills/knowledge to build and get the best out of their Email Design Systems on their own, therefore this role offers an opportunity to work directly with our customers by designing, building and testing their EDS.
What you’ll do
- Design, build and maintain Email Design Systems
- Collaborate with our customers to ensure their Email Design System supports the organizational branding and workflow requirements
- Work with prospective customers to demonstrate what an EDS is by providing real-world examples of email content
- Diagnose and fix rendering issues
- Be the domain expert for email HTML and keep up to date on email best practices and latest developments
- Build and maintain a library of code snippets and standard elements
- Use Github to work collaboratively and ensure code is kept up to date using version control (including branches, reviewing, merging and deploying)
- Provide expertise, support and education to the wider Taxi teams including: Sales, Customer Success, Support, Product and Marketing
What you’ll bring
- A proven ability to learn new systems and technology quickly
- Exposure to email marketing and how companies produce email content
- Has a keen interest in the email industry and email marketing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, embracing collaboration with customers and working in an iterative framework for design and development
- Experience with or exposure to email design concepts and HTML/CSS
- Experience working with email service providers (ESPs) and their coding languages, such as: Ampscript, handlebars, VML etc.
- Experience with finding and fixing rendering problems in email
- Exposure to Taxi syntax/Liquid or prior experience creating or using Taxi’s Email Design Systems
You apply and will hear back from us within a few days. If there’s a fit, the full process is as follows:
↳ [30 mins] Recruiter Screen
↳ [45 mins] Hiring Manager Interview
↳ [60 mins] Technical knowledge interview (portfolio presentation + mini test on Design systems)
↳ [30 mins] Executive interview
After each stage, we will try our very best to provide timely (2-3 days) and constructive feedback (where possible)
What You’ll Gain
- Remote-friendly environment
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- Opportunity to work abroad according to our internal policies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Home office set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Contribution towards your utility costs
- The occasional company-wide and team events
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues Our amazing team works in close to 40 different locations with almost 50+ nationalities across the board!
Life at MessageBird
We call ourselves Birds! We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 30,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Wherever and however you do your best work - we’ve got you covered!
Headquartered in Amsterdam and with other global offices in Singapore, London and Maryland, we’re proud to be a remote-friendly company nested in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices, fully remotely in your country of employment, or a mix of the two. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 550+ Birds who represent 50+ nationalities and counting.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.