Our mission is to seek the truth and help people understand the world, a mission that has steered the New York Times through more than 160 years of challenge and change. We believe that great journalism has the power to make each reader’s life richer and more fulfilling, and all of society stronger and more just.
You will be joining a team of seasoned specialists who support all marketing email and landing page initiatives for the Standalone Products group: NYT Cooking, NYT Games, and more. In addition to setting up and launching these assets, your team is a thought partner to our marketing and creative groups, advising on best practices and setups.
- Gather requirements, test deliverability, prepare and deploy campaigns using Responsys’ platform, prior platform experience is highly preferred
- Deploy marketing assets to desktop and mobile properties via content management platforms, using HTML, CSS and ReactJS
- Maintain best practices for email campaigns & landing pages, and make recommendations when necessary
- Accountable for successful, accurate, and on-time deployment of all assets, to ensure optimal campaign performance and support A/B testing initiatives
- Manage and anticipate clients’ needs to provide accurate campaign execution and proactive maintenance
- Troubleshoot and debug collaboratively to resolve coding and trafficking issues
- Track, measure and analyze early post-launch campaign activities, and resolve delivery and any performance problems related to setup or technical issues
- 4+ years of email deployment and coding experience, Responsys Preferred
- 1+ years of experience in front-end web development, including debugging skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and excellent communications skills, particularly in translating technical explanations to non-technical users
- Excellent client service approach and ability to meet tight, ad hoc deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional and diffuse team environment
- Familiarity with website content management systems such as Magnolia, Optimizely, BlueKai, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of creative A/B testing, media formats and internet technologies
- Understanding of inventory and delivery process, third-party ad tags, rich media concepts, a bonus
- Prior experience leading UX/UI projects, particularly on website projects, a bonus
- Willing to learn and actively pursues new skills to support business needs
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.