Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S. with local license partners across the globe. The markets of focus would be the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy.
The Associate Director, International CRM & Email Strategy is responsible for building & managing a cross-functional team of strategists and marketers, to define & execute corporate CRM/email strategy & roadmap for 12+ markets and 16+ brands including Vogue; Architectural Digest; Vanity Fair; GQ; WIRED.
The primary goals for this role include growing loyalty/engagement, email traffic, subscriber base, and revenue.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with brands & markets to design customized strategic email & CRM initiatives
- Grow consumer revenue from email marketing efforts including acquisition, re-marketing, cross-promotion and upsell, CRM (onboarding, retention/renewal, re-engagement), and transactional messaging
- Grow audiences through organic & paid efforts and identify additional acquisition opportunities
- Act as a center of excellence for all email strategy, best practices, and compliance, including regular training presentations for marketing managers
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Condé Nast’s various databases and backend data flows as they pertain to CRM & email, while leveraging this knowledge to enhance programs with behavioural triggers, personalization, and improved user experience.
- Define universal rules of engagement for international email stakeholders across the organization, including: transparency, CAN-SPAM & GDPR policies, template standardization, list policies, frequency capping & contact permissions
- Increase email engagement rates through testing, content analysis, targeted segmentation, and recipient-level content personalization
- Democratize email analytics through development of business intelligence dashboards
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience in email strategy, with both content-based email for publishers, and promotion-based email for marketers.
- Managerial experience
- Expertise in email compliance and privacy legislation, both domestic and international (specifically: CAN-SPAM & GDPR).
- Excellent understanding of email execution concepts and metrics; deliverability; best practices.
- Excellent understanding of data management and data exchange concepts.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with Sailthru or similar ESP platforms is required.
- Experience with Google Analytics is preferred.
- HTML coding experience preferred, particularly for email.
- Highly organized, and able to balance a multitude of ongoing projects and initiatives across brands.
- A self-starter with a proactive mindset, capable of seeking out and building the necessary relationships throughout the organization in order to achieve success.
- Highly analytical and capable of deriving meaning from data through testing and optimization.