Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
About This Role
Audible is seeking an Associate Director, Email Marketing Developer who will define and build email and push template solutions for global outbound channels using HTML, CSS and Handlebars.js. This role is part of the Marketing Operations team, and is instrumental in helping Audible accelerate channel growth and deliver an exceptional customer experience across the globe.
You have a demonstrated track record of optimizing, developing, launching and maintaining large scale marketing or product systems or experiences. You are a transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value. You have a passion for international and scaling products globally. You are a hands-on multitasker who can quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity. You are resilient with a positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. You prefer to work smart vs. working hard and ideally have a track record of implementing process improvement initiatives through automation or other means. You feel comfortable communicating with and between marketers and engineers.
As an Associate Director, Email Marketing Developer, you will...
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and agency partners to understand and define template requirements and use cases.
- Develop global outbound solutions for all supported languages and marketplaces with a focus on dynamic content and enhanced personalization.
- Maintain an email and push template library aligned to brand guidelines and industry best practices.
- Review creative wireframes to ensure email template feasibility and ease of handoff.
- Triage any issues and find quick resolutions to issues where the root cause may be an email or push built by the Marketing Operations Team.
- Deliver on the tech and product vision with innovative template solutions that drive relevant KPIs.
- Test and troubleshoot email templates in Litmus to ensure optimal rendering across email clients.
- 5+ years of digital marketing, product marketing, CRM, or email marketing experience.
- BA/BS degree.
- Professional experience working with HTML and CSS, and a general understanding of email development.
- Solid grasp of email standards and trends across all devices, platforms, and email clients.
- Experience in managing initiatives within regional and global context.
- Hands-on experience executing emails with Salesforce/Exact Target or similar ESPs (Email Service Providers).
- Experience with or knowledge of RESTful services and APIs.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.