March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
March of Dimes, the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health, is seeking a highly energetic Associate Director, Email Marketing to lead, develop, and execute the email and mobile texting strategy. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Arlington, VA. The Associate Director, Email Marketing will report directly to the Director of Digital Marketing and will supervise Email Marketing Fundraising Specialists. They will advance the email and texting strategy for growth and retention in conjunction with the Marketing, Mission and Fundraising teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of proactivity, works well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, is comfortable learning new technology and leading a team.
- Lead the email marketing and texting initiatives across the organization.
- Lead email marketing initiatives including continual optimization of email marketing strategy, platform and related processes to retain and monetize existing supporters.
- Act as main point of contact for our email marketing agency partner. Partner closely with them on a daily basis to develop strategies for National email communications, socialize and coordinate campaigns internally and carry out key fundraising and awareness moments through the email channel.
- Advance strategies for list segmentation based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions, preference center categories and geographic location.
- Work with internal March of Dimes staff including local market, CRM, direct response, creative, marketing, mission and fundraising teams to meet campaign objectives and timelines.
- Champion continuous advancement of our email features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, and template development.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Act as the lead day-to-day liaison with marketing automation and mobile service providers.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on weekly and monthly reports and best practices.
- Support other operations needs including list processing, data matching, and CRM import requests as needed.
- Advance the department by identifying and implementing email marketing best practices across the department and in its work.
- .Provide recommendations for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Manage the Email Marketing Specialist positions to ensure successful end-to-end execution of daily email and texting campaigns including planning, maintenance, set-up, targeting, proof reading, quality assurance, testing, scheduling, and analysis.
- Support team with HTML email template development and troubleshooting as needed.
- Lead email team to achieve targeted performance KPIs and provide assistance including optimizations and campaign troubleshooting.
- Establish and manage internal processes and procedures (e.g.,project deliverables; reporting).
- Provide support and recognition for your team and effectively foster teamwork that drives motivation and retention.
- Participate in the training, evaluation of individual development, onboarding, and mentoring of staff.
- 8 to 10 years experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience (specialized area: Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations)
- Highly motivated, able to take high-level direction and execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Experience working with website and email analytics programs (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience with database segmentation
- Experience working with marketing automation tools such as Marketo
- Experience in email testing
- A strong understanding of email marketing strategy and implementation
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel) and Google Docs (spreadsheets)
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.