From everyday low prices to ongoing omni-channel innovations, Walmart has always understood the importance of putting the customer first; this is core to our unwavering commitment to bring value to our customers and community.
In our continuous efforts to build a best-in-class Marketing organization, we are looking to hire an Associate Director – CRM Operations. Reporting to the Director, CRM Operations and working closely across Marketing, Product and Engineering to support the operational excellence for all emails, push notifications, and in-app messaging that we send to millions of our customers.
About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age’s Marketer of the Year in 2022, you’ll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation – all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
Our Marketing team has flexibility on location, for most of our openings, you can live within driving distance to one of our hubs: San Bruno, CA, Sunnyvale, CA or Los Angeles, CA. We’re moving toward 3 days in the office per week, with flexibility.
You will make an impact by:
- Support a multi-quarter strategic roadmap that continually improves the quality, efficiency and capabilities of Walmart’s customer communications platform.
- Regularly communicate to Marketing leadership on all KPIs associated with platform improvements, database health and operational excellence.
- Be an advisor to a team of highly effective deployment and QA specialists managing large scale automated and ad-hoc customer communications.
- Empower and enable marketing teams to achieve business goals through communication.
- Document learnings from experiments and live campaigns to build a CRM Best Practices Playbook that can be used as a reference by every part of the business.
- Evolve CRM capabilities to meet ongoing business needs.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to enhance CRM platform capabilities and processes.
- Work closely with the CRM Lifecycle stakeholders to develop and implement acquisition, utilization, engagement, and retention email, push notification, and In-app messaging campaigns.
- Standardize and enhance campaign workflows and QA processes.
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlogs management, and project prioritization.
- BA, BS, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in the CRM Marketing operations and marketing space
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with CRM platforms including ESPs (Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys etc.), segmentation tools, and complex data structures
- Hands on experience in ad hoc campaigns and automated journeys development within CRM platforms
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to detail with swift execution
- Outstanding relationship building, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Goal oriented with the ability to move quickly and easily between high level strategy and rolling-up-sleeves for execution
How you’ll thrive at Walmart:
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave,
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.