The Museum’s Communications, Marketing and Digital department seeks a new team member to help lead its practice of CRM and help support the extensive email marketing program already in place at the Museum. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Associate Director will help the Museum leverage and build on new opportunities that are the result of increased digital engagement with Museum audiences spurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, including a new digital ticketing option and a growing number of live digital programs. This person will also contribute to the further development of a 360-degree marketing strategy—rooted in email and incorporating other channels when appropriate—that leverages existing audiences and cultivates new leads.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create data-driven marketing strategies that promote Museum programs and initiatives, rooted in careful segmentation and use of the Museum’s CRM platform, Tessitura.
- Work with Email Manager to conceive of, write and deploy new email campaigns that are rooted in CRM strategies.
- Develop segmentation strategies. Work with colleagues to ensure that appropriate segments are identified and leveraged, beginning with email and extending to cross-channel communications.
- Integrate email and other communications channels into efforts that maximize engagement throughout the visitor journey and increase lifetime value of Museum audiences.
- Lead ongoing CRM roadmap ideation and development. Work with other departments to help maximize opportunities with Museum audiences, focusing on both engagement and revenue growth.
- Steward use of the Museum’s CRM platform as a marketing vehicle for email and other channels, expanding use of its available features and ensuring consistent standards and practices across departments.
- Identify and incorporate tools that ensure a successful CRM marketing program and build upon existing platforms.
- Collaborate with colleagues to establish goals, define KPIs and implement a framework for reporting on marketing efforts.
- Serve as primary backup for Email Manager.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in a digital marketing role
- Familiarity with a CRM platform (experience with the Museum’s CRM platform, Tessitura, preferred) and deep understanding of audience segmentation strategies
- Knowledge of email best practices and expertise building email campaigns (experience with the Museum’s email service provider, Wordfly, preferred)
- Experience in a qualitative or quantitative research role, focused on developing actionable audience insights and recommendations.
- Experience at an attraction or ticked venue.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree.