Firewood was built on the belief that good people are good business. And Firewoodians are the heart and soul of the company. So we were thrilled to be named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work 2020 list. An employee-driven culture guided by our core values—humility, inclusivity, authenticity, and responsibility—means we have happy, engaged employees who look forward to coming to work every day. Here, you'll find we're a diverse group of colleagues who appreciate working at the kind of place that honors the authenticity we all bring to the table. We’d love to include your unique perspective!
Now, About The Opportunity.
The Account Director, Email Marketing will partner with strategy to design and execute lifecycle and trigger campaigns that drive customer activation and retention within the client’s quickly growing consumer base. This position will work closely with key stakeholders and requires the ability to build strategy while viewing campaigns and workflows from a technical and analytical lens.
When it’s safe to return to the office your time will be spent at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco. In the meantime, you’ll work from home.
What you'll do:
- Build strategy and lead development of lifecycle and trigger email campaigns for the business.
- Programs could expand to include other engagement channels (push, SMS etc).
- Understand consumer insights and build campaign strategy with “user” first mentality that is based on performance data and user insights.
- Collaborate with internal counterparts to capture, document and socialize key requirements, timelines and deliverables for a variety of engagement marketing programs elements.
- Become fluent with client’s relevant marketing tech stack and be able to communicate requirements and nuances to broader cross functional team members.
- Work closely with the analytics team to build continuous test plans, regularly report campaign performance, and measure and optimize your engagement marketing programs.
- Understand brand guidelines with a keen eye for design.
- Prioritize and juggle dozens of initiatives and projects as necessary.
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communication with all parties including product and analytics.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years in relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience within a fast-paced marketing team focusing on growth or acquisition marketing.
- Must have experience within engagement channels, deep understanding of email and a strong understanding of push, SMS and notifications.
- Proven experience in development of engagement marketing strategies; including messaging, targeting, testing, triggering and full program plans.
- Experience with external and in house email platforms and production environments.
- Proven experience in A/B and multivariate test design, execution and analysis.
- Deep understanding of email and engagement metrics, ability to dig into data independently.
- Seasoned at managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, superior project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment.A knack for unravelling complex problems and processes in an easy to understand way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and go getter attitude; comfortable working autonomously.
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
The Perks of Being a Firewoodian:
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- A 3% 401(k) match from the start
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year (plus paid company holidays)
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friendSnacks, beverages, and a weekly catered lunch
- Career training and learning opportunitiesLearn more about these perks at
A bit more about us:
- We’re a full-service agency partnering with brands that are changing the world including LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook
- Our approach to every engagement is rooted in mutual respect—our people are everything
- Firewood in the Field, our giving-back platform, provides year round pro bono work and financial support to employee-nominated charities
- Our merger with MediaMonks, the content arm of the S4 family of media companies, means we are now 2000+ employees strong, representing over 57 nationalities in 27 countries.