Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, our Digital team has transformed the beauty retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, Sephora is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a “Genius” designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (seven years in a row), we’ll continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on our team.
Your Role At Sephora
As an Assistant Marketing Manager for Retention Marketing, you will be responsible for managing important components of Sephora’s high-performing email marketing program. You will play a key role in the end-to-end development of client-centric communication concepts and lead campaign optimizations using data-driven insights. Reporting to the Email Marketing Manager, you will help develop best-in-class marketing strategies that harness client loyalty to drive business goals.
In Addition, You Will
- Help define email campaign briefs that detail cross-functional business objectives, creative direction, key content and segmentation strategies.
- Review all campaign creative to ensure business objectives are met.
- QA all campaigns to ensure accurate and error-free execution of links and targeting rules.
- Responsible for delivering on the best client experience and wearing your client centric hat.
- Pull, consolidate and analyze learnings to drive engagement, sales and retention.
- Share key wins and future recommendations weekly and monthly with stakeholders regarding recent optimizations, tests and other campaigns
- Track competitive emails, industry trends and landscape.
- Support Retention Marketing team in special projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- 2+ years’ experience, planning and developing email campaigns or similar marketing campaigns.
- Analytical & data-driven with experience tracking performance and optimizing metrics to hit sales goals.
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals and to consensus.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
You’ll Love Working Here Because
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters - it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.