Alumni Affairs and Development (AAD) at Cornell University seeks an energetic, collaborative, and innovative marketing professional to lead the division’s email marketing channel. We are looking for someone who enjoys creating cutting-edge email marketing strategies that serve a diverse global audience of alumni, donors, and others who care about Cornell.
This role sits within AAD’s Marketing team, a group of fun, committed, and talented professionals pushing the envelope in advancement communications, marketing, and participation-level giving.
Cornell provides exceptional benefits, including professional development, wellness programs, health care options, generous paid leave provisions, employee education options, a retirement program, and children's tuition assistance. Cornell receives national recognition as an award-winning workplace for health, well-being, sustainability, and diversity initiatives.
Under the leadership of the Director of Integrated Marketing, the Assistant Director of Email Marketing responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of three full-time email marketing specialists
- Develop comprehensive email marketing strategies
- Construct email marketing plans for signature events and mass solicitations to streamline communication efforts and create coordinated alumni journeys
- Identify and implement email best practices strategies for email marketing
- Implement new email marketing technologies and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years relevant experience or equivalent combination
- Familiarity with at least one major email marketing system
- Thorough understanding of email campaign cycles
- Email campaign analysis and KPI assessment
- Excellent team communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a team through complex projects involving multiple collaborators and stakeholders
- Comfort with project management tools
Rewards and Benefits
Cornell receives national recognition as an award-winning workplace for our health, well-being, sustainability, and diversity initiatives. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare options
- Access to wellness programs
- Employee discounts with local and national retail brands
- Generous retirement contributions
- Leave provisions including three weeks of vacation and 12 holidays
- Impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, Tuition Aid for external education, and Cornell Children's Tuition Assistance program
- Learn more about benefit opportunities
This position is based in Ithaca, NY, with hybrid or fully remote work arrangements.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
University Job Title:
Annual Fund Officer II
Alumni Affairs Development
Pay Rate Type:
$64,326.00 - $74,758.00
Remote Option Availability: