The Analyst, Email Marketing position supports the Corporate Communications department in optimizing internal and B2B email communications campaigns. He/She will Build, Deploy and Optimize any and all email campaigns focused on informing a diverse audience of employees and stakeholders. The primary role is to communicate strategic progress, share tools and resources, foster engagement and share important updates with Executives and Associates across the United States and Canada. He/She will play a critical role in contemporizing AAA’s approach to communication, elevating our audience/list management skills and using insights to shape future communication efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage the full lifecycle of the internal and B2B email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to include build, edit, test, launch, report and optimize.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for email campaigns, including design, audience targeting, list management, etc.
- Partner with various business lines to optimize email list management.
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance, make recommendations to improve overall email performance.
- Work with design, digital and content teams to optimize communications for all emails.
- Create a subscription center for e-newsletters and enhance user control over preferences.
- Ensure email campaigns follow privacy regulations, email best practices and CAN-SPAM laws and regulations.
- Stay current on, and have a passion for, email marketing trends and best practices.
- Assist internal communications team with employee and B2B intranets, including the design and launch of new systems and capabilities.
- Perform other related duties, tasks, requests and directives issued from management.
Requirements, Competencies and Certifications:
- Demonstrates an awareness of strengths, limits, and areas to improve.
- Openly shares and solicits ideas through dialogue; is clear about intentions.
- Uses time effectively; anticipates obstacles, adjusts priorities as needs change and keeps others informed of progress.
- Experience in creating, managing, deploying and reporting on email campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Ability to hand code emails if needed; proficiency in responsive email design a plus.
- Understanding of industry best practices in email development, design and delivery issues required.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple assignments, prioritize responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Willingness to embrace working on new challenges and navigate the unknown.
- A passion for finding creative solutions, openly share expertise and solicit input from others.
- Awareness of strengths, limits, and improvements, excellent time and communication skills.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM, CCPA and GDPR email regulations.
- Committed to Diversity and Inclusion across the organization , a value that drives AAA forward every day.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of email marketing experience and working with HTML for email.
- 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud required.
- Certification as a SFMC Email Specialist or similar strongly preferred.
- Bachelors in marketing, communications or related field with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.