We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
As an Adobe Journey Optimizer (AJO) Email Marketing Automation Manager, the candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex Adobe Journey Optimizer campaigns and workflows.
They will work closely with various teams at Manulife to understand business requirements and translate them into practical campaigns that meet or exceed campaign goals. They would be expected to collaborate with IT, Data, Marketing, and Digital Experience teams to successfully design solutions for business process needs and improvements.
The AJO Manager will be responsible for managing automation capabilities and owning the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns. The goal is to deliver a unified, personal experience for our customers.
What will your responsibilities include?
The responsibilities of the Adobe Journey Optimizer Email Marketing Automation Manager would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and complete AJO campaigns and workflows, including design/implementation of customer journeys, segmentation, testing, and deployment and continually evaluate these for improvements.
- Design and execution of Adobe Journey Optimizer (AJO) solutions that align with Manulife’s business requirements.
- Contribute to discovery sessions with clients and the internal technical team to determine the scope of work and roadmap.
- Requirement gathering efforts, analyzing, and decomposing complex requirements and managing client expectations throughout the engagement.
- Participate in the analysis and implementation of Adobe Journey Optimizer and contribute to its integration with Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), including the Real Time Customer Data Platform, Adobe Target, and Launch.
- Monitor and review campaigns and workflows regularly to ensure accurate tracking, targeting and messaging post-implementation.
- Implement standard processes for data management, segmentation, personalization, and automation within AJO in partnership with the business, digital experience, and data teams.
- Work on an international team on the transformation of marketing technology, processes and structures
- Provide support and recommendations as product SME on the current and future state of campaign and workflow set-up.
- Ensure campaigns delivered are in compliance with all relevant privacy and security regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s/University degree preferred
- Related technical experience with campaign and automated workflow development, experience with marketing technology platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Adobe Journey Optimizer
- Experience involving exposure to Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and/or other Adobe products
- Willingness to learn and quick at mastering new technologies
- Proven ability to develop long-lasting, trusted relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills – proactive communication a must
- Strong collaboration, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about digital strategy, digital transformation and marketing automation
- Self-starter with organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities according to business needs
- Ability to work quickly and independently while under short deadlines and manage tasks from start to finish
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) for Adobe Campaign/AJO Architect or Developer certification
- Basic knowledge of ETL toolsets
- Working knowledge of Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe IO, Experience Manager and Adobe Target) and/or Experience Platform (Journey Analytics, RTCDP, Offer Decisioning, Data Sciences)
- Experience demonstrating the Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) APIs (directly or in conjunction with Adobe IO) with event-based activities
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all collaborators and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. T
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between $82,500.00 CAD - $148,500.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.